Before buying a hydraulic winch, you need to put the time in for these two subjects and do research. You need to know about terms like maximum towing capacity, maximum rope length, maximum rope caliber, hydro motor, maximum pressure function, maximum pump rate. We talk about subjects like choosing a hydraulic winch, what to be careful about when choosing hydraulic winch, what to be careful about when installing a hydraulic winch in this article.
When choosing a hydraulic winch
Especially with the increased consumption thanks to advanced technology, there is a need to lift even heavier loads. The hydraulic systems can easily lift tons of loads – that were unimaginable to do so only a century ago — with a finger move. The hydraulic winches produce the power to lift these loads.
- Choosing a Hydraulic Winch
- What to be careful about when choosing a Hydraulic Winch
- What to be careful about when installing a Hydraulic Winch
Hydraulic winches are indispensable in many sectors. Services of towing and rescuing vehicles, construction sectors, logistics, transportation and many sectors like this use hydraulic winches every day. When the need emerges, there is more demand for hydraulic winches, naturally causes more supplies with more producers.
Choosing a hydraulic winch is a tough subject for many workers in the sector. There are two vital things to be careful about when choosing a hydraulic winch.
- A hydraulic winch for your need
- A hydraulic winch that is up to standards
Before buying a hydraulic winch, you need to put some time in these two subjects and do research. You need to know about terms like maximum towing capacity, maximum rope length, maximum rope caliber, hydro motor, maximum pressure function, maximum pump rate. Also, you need to do research on the producing firm’s certificate of competence and standards. If not, please seek an expert’s advice.
What to be careful about when choosing a Hydraulic Winch
We can list the things you need to be careful about choosing a hydraulic winch.
- Hydraulic winches can do high-capacity towing and lifting. When the towing capacity increases, the price goes up. You should define your need before buying a hydraulic winch. Buying a 15-ton capacity hydraulic winch will bring unnecessary cost when your load is 5 tons.
- Do not buy a lower capacity product than you need. If you overload the hoisting drum, it will not be durable and risk your life and property.
- Our advice would be that you buy a slightly more capacitated machine than you need. For example, buying a 6-ton capacity product when your load is 5-tons will be a wise choice of a hydraulic winch that you can enjoy for many years.
- You need to be skeptical about your product’s maximum towing capacity. Especially recently, towing capacity mentions on under the counter products do not reflect the reality.
- Always prefer experienced and trustworthy brands in the sector. There are lots of domestic and foreign producers that are trusted.
- Avoid Chinese products. Remember, a poor-quality hydraulic winch will risk your life and property.
- Import products’ prices are high and spare parts are hard to find, therefore prefer domestic products. You can prefer Hammer Winch-like brands, which exports to 45 countries and have been producing in this sector for many years.
- Make sure that the hydraulic winch you want to buy has CE – EN 14492-1 and SAE J706 standards.
- Make sure that after production, the hydraulic winch you want to buy was tested for capacity.
- Prefer hydraulic winches that have spare parts and warranty.
- Hydraulic winches are durable and have low maintenance cost. Make sure that the hydraulic winch you are buying have affordable maintenance cost. Remember, imported hydraulic winches have high spare part cost.
- Make sure that the hydraulic winch you are buying was produced to function between -32 and +50 degrees of temperature.
- Look for the product corrosion resistance
- You may need optional qualities like IP 67 – IP 68, double quick hoist drums, bear in mind these options while buying a hydraulic winch
- The hydraulic winch you prefer need to have resistance and flexibility against wire strength, steel rope’s breaking load, crashes and bruises.
- Do not buy a product that you did not hear about just because it is cheap. After six months, the hydraulic winch you bought may cause the life of loved ones, and of course waste of your money.
What to be careful about when installing a Hydraulic Winch
Installing a hydraulic winch by experts is as important as choosing the right hydraulic winch. Even if you made the right choice about a hydraulic winch, a poorly-installed hydraulic winch may cost you the product before even welcoming it.
You can read our article on hydraulic winch installation for matters to be careful about when installing a hydraulic winch.
If your preference is a hydraulic winch, choose one that with a certificate and is up to standards. If not, please bear in mind that you are risking your safety and property.
There are lots of domestic and foreign hydraulic winch producing firms. The easy access to auxiliary equipment, technical department and price range, you can find domestic products. In our country, it is profitable in the long run to prefer a worldwide brand like Hammer Winch that exports all around the world.
You should have the maintenance of your hydraulic winches in time, or you will probably face high costs. You can direct your questions on hydraulic winch maintenance. Our hydraulic expert team will answer your questions on short notice.